Friday, December 30, 2011

Snow Day Fun!







Originally posted 2/9/10


Teddy was SO disappointed that we didn't get a half-day yesterday, but his wish came true overnight and we woke up to about 4" of fluffy snow and best of all..a Snow Day! We spent the day sledding (on two different sleds), chasing buster with snowballs and watching a lot of Scooby-Doo while we warmed up in between rounds. We had bacon, eggs and hotcakes for lunch and Teddy was especially enthusiastic about the bacon! These are the kinds of days that are truly the best days of a life and I wish I could just push the pause button.




Teddy has also been enjoying his Lite Brite. Last night he made 3 volcanoes on his Lite Brite Cube. Again, those are times that might not seem so special at the time, but 20 or 30 years from now, I am certain that I would give anything to go back to a night years before, when Teddy was 10, working his Lite Brite, while we anxiously waited for a possible snow day...a snow day that came true and that we thoroughly enjoyed! I think that is one of the advantages of having a child that survived crazy health problems and has special needs, is that I am actually able to enjoy those moments that I used to take for granted, while they are actually happening. Those mundane types of moments like on Our Town, but I actually can see behind the veil every once in a while and see the moment for what it really is. But, it's a little sad to see those moments too and know that they can't last. But, here we are again tonight, Teddy is watching more snow fall, he has his animals (electric hamsters, an elephant and a repeat parrot)all running and I just got the call...No School again tomorrow! Teddy let out a vigorous Whoo-Hoo when I told him the good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment